Whether for work or play, we all want the latest and greatest technology. New electronics and our wallets may not exactly see eye-to-eye, so I’ve gathered some tips and tricks to save you money on your next trip to Best Buy.
- When you sign up for emails or text alerts, you’ll receive timely updates on deals and savings events.
- If you prefer to check-in via social media, follow Best Buy on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for the latest news.
- Download the mobile app to find local clearance deals, manage your My Best Buy account, scan product barcodes & QR codes to compare prices and features, and more.
Do Your Research
- Explore Best Buy’s featured Top Deals for the most up-to-date discounts. At the time of this writing, Best Buy is offering discounts on top smart TVs like a 24” Insignia for $99.99. That’s 33 percent off the standard price! Smart TV discounts include three free months of Apple TV+ for new subscribers. (Save even more when you shop open-box smart TVs).
- Check out the Deal of the Day for rotating discounts on tech and equipment throughout the store. You can find these prices on their site or by signing up for email and text alerts.
- Use a deal site like Slickdeals.net to find savings. At the time of this writing, Slickdeals had several Best Buy offers, including up to $200 off Apple products and 20 percent off cell phone accessories.
- Check with your credit card carrier, as there may be offers available exclusively to cardholders. Right now, select American Express cardholders can get a $10 statement credit when you spend $100 or more at Best Buy using an AmEx card.
Join the Rewards Club
- My Best Buy members receive exclusive deals, often personalized just for you! Membership is free with no hidden fees.
- Members get early access to Best Buy’s biggest sales and receive reduced pricing on some of the latest tech products. At the time of this writing, My Best Buy members can save $30 on an 8” Samsung Galaxy tablet, 30% on a Samsung keyboard, six months free of Apple Music, and more! These deals are always changing, so make sure to check in with the latest member offers.
- Earn rewards points for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases. Points are redeemable as cash certificates that you’ll receive automatically via email. (250 points = $5 certificate, but you can set a different threshold on your account page online.)
- You may be eligible for an Elite or Elite Plus membership status when you spend $1,500 or $3,500, respectively, each year. Both memberships receive free delivery on any qualified purchase.
- Earn even more points when you sign up for the My Best Buy Credit Card or Visa® Card
- My Best Buy and Elite My Best Buy members get 5 percent back in rewards on qualifying purchases. Elite Plus members get 6 percent back. Note that these cards have a high APR, so they should be paid in full each month.
- Are you a gamer? My Best Buy members get $10 in reward certificates with pre-orders and purchases of qualifying games. Best Buy carries a surprisingly large selection of board games, card games, and more!
- Earn 25 additional points for every published review written on purchases. This offer is only available eight times within a calendar year.
Save with Open-Box Products
- Open-box products are returned items, floor models, or products that were opened by the store for quality inspection after shipping. Many of these products are in new condition. Those with slight wear and tear are further discounted.
- These products are covered by Best Buy’s Return & Exchange Promise.
- See something on display that you like? Ask if the store will sell it to you as an open-box item!
Get a Package Deal
- Best Buy will occasionally agree to tack on accessories that pair with big-ticket items (like a keyboard to go with your new desktop) at a discount.
- The Price Match Guarantee program compares BestBuy.com offers with in-store prices at Best Buy and local retail competitors.
- The guarantee also applies to major online retailers like Amazon, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, and TigerDirect.com (does not include items sold by third-party sellers on any of these sites) and warehouse club prices like BJ’s Wholesale Club, Costco, and Sam’s Club.
Keep a Watchful Eye After You Buy
- Hold on to your receipt and watch your purchased product to see if the price drops in-store, online, or on the app during your return and exchange period. Best Buy will match the lower price upon request.
Trade-in or Recycle
- Ready to upgrade your laptop or old iPad sitting around collecting dust? Trade it in for a Best Buy gift card!
- Find your item on Best Buy’s website to get an estimate of its trade-in value.
- Depending on the type of item or its value, it might be more cost-effective to recycle it. Check Best Buy’s website for items that qualify for their recycling program. At the time of this writing, Best Buy is offering 15 percent off a new modem, router, gateway, and in-home Wi-Fi setup service when you recycle any modem, router or gateway. They’re also offering $30-$50 off select Epson printers when you recycle any printer.
Wait for Holiday Sales
- You’ll find the very best discounts on electronics during major holidays and 3-day weekends, including Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and President’s Day.
Only @ Best Buy
- Some of Best Buy’s most affordable tech is made exclusively for the store. Only @ Best Buy products are stripped-down versions of full-priced products, so Best Buy can offer better deals than their competition. These items are functional without all the bells and whistles.
Shop Outlet Deals
- There are 14 Best Buy outlet locations, but you can always shop outlet deals online.
- You won’t find the latest tech to hit the market at a Best Buy outlet, but you will find some of the best deals on brand name clearance items, open-box products, and refurbished items. Most items are covered under warranty, inspected for functionality, and backed by Best Buy’s Return & Exchange Promise.
- Do you have an Alexa or Google Assistant at home? Ask your smart device to enable the Best Buy skill and then say, “Ask Best Buy about Voice-Only Deals.”
- Spring Break Travel Essentials
- How to Save Money by Buying Used
- How to Save Money on Activewear
- How to Save BIG on Back-to-School Shopping
- Mother’s Day Gifts under $50
- Sleep Awareness Week 2022
- How to Save Money at IKEA
- How to Save Money at Gap, Old Navy, Athleta & Banana Republic
- How to Save Money at Bed Bath & Beyond
- How to save money at TJ Maxx, Marshalls & HomeGoods
- How to Save Money at JCPenney and Kohl’s
- 6 Money-Saving Apps Every Savvy Shopper Should Be Using