This week’s muse is celebrity makeup artist extraordinaire, Rebecca Restrepo. Rebecca is a native New Yorker of Colombian descent whose heritage influenced her love of beauty and art. Watching old movies with glamorous and powerful women like Marlena Dietrich when she was s girl formed her love of fashion. Rebecca got her start as a makeup artist working on her classmate’s photo shoots while she was studying painting at the School of Visual Arts, and found that makeup artistry was the perfect marriage of fashion and art. Rebecca and I first met many years ago when she stopped by the Three Custom Color Specialists color studio to select colors for her clients and she became a mainstay at the studio. Today, she is the global makeup artist for Elizabeth Arden and she also designs their color line. Her clients include Emily Blunt, Rebecca Hall and America Ferrara just to name a few.
My mother taught me the importance of caring for your skin and I have the best dermatologist in the business – Dr. Lisa Airan.
Here are Rebecca’s beauty secrets:
- My most important beauty secret is to get enough sleep. I find that I feel and look my best when I do.
2. I eat the freshest in seasonal foods and I work out 4 to 5 times a week, consistently changing up my type of work out so I never get bored. It’s my best form of stress relief!
3. My makeup staples are Elizabeth Arden 8HR Cream Lip Protectant Sheer Tint in Blush, Beautiful Color Natural Black Brow Pencil and Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation. These products make me feel the most like me and the look is fresh and modern.
4. I can’t live without my Prevage Anti-Aging Daily Serum from Elizabeth Arden for day and night. I also use it on my décolletage, elbows and knees, as these are critical areas that show signs of aging. I use a mix of coconut and avocado oil as a body moisturizer.
- Beauty Secrets – Andrea Panico
- Beauty Secrets – Amy Galper
- Beauty Secrets: Tasha Turner
- Beauty Secrets: Mandi Woodruff
- Beauty Secrets: Bobbi Rebell
- Beauty Secrets: Kylie Carlson
- Beauty Secrets: Lauren Fix
- Beauty Secrets: Tammie Umbel
- Beauty Secrets: Gina Way
- Beauty Secrets – Carmindy
- Beauty Secrets – Ylonda Gault
- Beauty Secrets – Celeste Hilling