This week’s muse is entrepreneur, Laura Geller. This cosmetics maven and QVC phenom doesn’t need much of an intro, but here goes. She fell in love with beauty very young and became a sought-after makeup artist for celebrities and the theater. It was her skill at making “regular” women look and feel beautiful, however, that was the impetus for creating her own brand of products, including the iconic Italian baked powders and Spackle® collection of primers, which she has showcased on QVC since 1997.
I followed Geller’s career from afar until we finally had the chance to meet several years ago at a beauty industry event. Not surprisingly, she is just as sweet, bubbly and warm in person as she is on TV.
Here are Laura’s beauty secrets:
- “My mom taught me that Vaseline fixes everything – it really is a truly multi-tasking product! I even use it to take off eye makeup.
2. I love fragrance! It’s near and dear to my heart and it’s the perfect pick-me-up. I use scented body wash in the shower, which keeps me fresh and ready for the day. My favorite is Philosophy Fresh Cream.
3. Recently, I started using CND Solar Oil on my cuticles and it’s made SUCH a difference in my weak nails, which I’ve noticed are much stronger and healthier. Definitely a must have for me.
4. To add volume to my hair and to keep it looking great, I put Velcro rollers in my hair before blow-drying. I love the Simply Subtle 10-Piece Small Roller Set by Nick Chavez.
5. One of my favorite tricks is using a luminous makeup primer AFTER I apply the rest of my makeup. That’s right, I said after!
One of my favorite tricks is using a luminous makeup primer AFTER I apply the rest of my makeup. That’s right, I said after!
Facebook: Laura Geller Beauty
YouTube: Laura Geller US