Beauty Secrets: Kathryn Brooks
This week’s muse is Kathryn Brooks, the founder and CEO of the empowering fashion and lifestyle brand, She’s Her Own CEO®. In addition to being an entrepreneur, Kathryn is a corporate manager at a Fortune 100 Company. With an MBA and extensive corporate experience, she has translated her knowledge and skills into a line of comfortable, stylish apparel pieces that are organic cotton and/or Made in USA. Kathryn is a strong believer in mentorship and career development, and she sits on the Board of Visitors at Georgia Gwinnett College and regularly speaks to college students and audiences looking to build their careers.
Modern women today perform many roles, whether they are volunteers, attorneys, writers, chefs, corporate execs, TV producers, or stay-at-home moms. Each woman leads, provides, and creates in her own world.
Here are Kathryn’s beauty secrets:
- “I’m one of those girls that never leaves the house without makeup! A few months ago, I decided to give my eyes a rest on casual Saturdays when I am running errands or doing most of my blogging. I swap out the kohl pencil eyeliner that I use during the week for Lancôme Color Design Shadow in The New Black. I apply it with Lancôme Dual End Liner and Shadow Brush #18 by first dabbing the excess on my hand and then applying to my lids as a liner. Using eyeshadow as a liner is a lighter weekend alternative!
2. I have to wash my long, (very) straight hair every day, so I have accumulated quite a hairdryer collection! It was definitely a splurge, but my new favorite is the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. I own other Dyson products around the house, so I had to give this dryer a try. James Dyson is a genius! This dryer dries in half the time, is super-quiet, and seems to circulate the air around each hair strand rather than just mechanically blowing a blasting air current. As for the motor, think of the purr of a BMW engine vs. a go-cart. Sold! Additional bonus: the fuchsia pink pop of color on the dryer makes me smile every time I reach for it. Note: Sephora.com offers deals for their VIBs (Very Important Beauty Insiders), so I got a great deal on this product!
3. For a fuller-hair look, hot rollers are my friend. The T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers Luxe are the best!
4. My skin is on the dry side, so after using my Clarisonic Mia 2 (in pink, of course). To remove makeup buildup, I use Josie Maran’s 100% Pure Argan Oil. Any excess product on my hands goes on the soles of my feet, and I wake up to super-soft skin!”
Site: ShesHerOwnCEO.com (also check out her blog)
- Beauty Secrets: Jill Lotenberg
- Beauty Secrets – Andrea Panico
- Beauty Secrets – Amy Galper
- Beauty Secrets: Cara Di Falco
- Beauty Secrets: Lauren Fix
- Beauty Secrets: Tammie Umbel
- Beauty Secrets – Victoria Vandagriff
- Beauty Secrets – Jami Morse Heidegger
- Beauty Secrets – Laura Geller
- Beauty Secrets – Makeup Artist, Alison Raffaele Tatem
- Beauty Secrets – Celeste Hilling
- Beauty Secrets – Danielle Gray, aka The Style and Beauty Doctor