Amazon Prime Day 2019 is July 15th & 16th
The sale begins at midnight PT and lasts for 48 hours.
Last year’s Prime Day was the biggest Amazon sale day ever. Amazon sold more than 100 million products, with the top sellers being their proprietary devices, like the FireTV Stick and the Echo Dot. There will be thousands of deals across a number of categories, but tech will be the strongest deal category by far, followed by movies & gaming and home essentials, like grooming products, home office supplies and baby supplies. And while the majority of the Amazon Prime Day deals will be on Amazon, we will also see some retailers offering competitive deals on their own sites. Target has already announced that they will be having sales – no membership required.
Here are the Best Amazon Prime Day Shopping Tips:
- Membership is required: Amazon Prime Day deals are for Amazon Prime members only. If you are not a member, now is a great time to join so you can take advantage of all the Prime Day discounts. The membership is $119 per year (or $12.99 per month), and includes unlimited two-day. or next-day shipping. There are also a whole host of other benefits, including access to Amazon Video, Amazon Music, one free Kindle book per month, special discounts at Whole Foods and lots more. There’s a 30-day free trial, so why not (just remember to cancel within that 30-day window if you don’t intend to continue)? Click here to learn more.
- Available discounts: Students with valid i.d. can get a 6-month free trial, and then it’s $6.49 per month. If you are on public assistance and can provide an EBT or Medicaid card, you can get Amazon Prime for $5.99 per month.
- First Timer Benefits: Amazon often offers bonuses for first-time users, including $20 off your first Prime Now order of $50 or more with code GETITNOW, 4-months of Amazon Music Unlimited for a dollar (it’s $7.99 per month after that) and 25% off your first order of pet food.
- If you want it NOW: If you live in one of 50 major cities, including, Chicago, Dallas and LA, try Prime Now, which offers free two-hour delivery on exclusive Amazon deals.
- If you are a regular Amazon shopper, consider applying for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card. This card has no annual fee and allows you to earn 5% back on your Amazon purchases, 1-2% back on other purchases and 5% cash back on Whole Foods purchases. These earnings can be applied to future Amazon purchases. There are also benefits for foreign travel, like no transaction fees and travel insurance. However, like many store cards, this card has a fairly high APR (14.99-22.99%), so buy only what you can pay off in full each month.
- Reload: If you don’t need another credit card, you can earn 2% cash back by transferring funds from your checking account into a “gift card balance” on Amazon. When you shop on the site, you can shop using that balance.
- Prime deals on groceries: Now through July 16th, spend $10 at Whole Foods and get $10 to spend during the Prime Day sales. I did this last year and it’s a great perk!
- Early intel: Use the Amazon app or the Amazon Assistant browser extension to add items of interest to your Lists. You’ll receive alerts when those items go on sale. Make sure you have your Personalized Notifications enabled.
- Watch deals: You can also scroll through “Upcoming Deals” and click “watch this deal,” to receive alerts for that item.
- Deal spotter: When Prime Day arrives, click on “Today’s Deals” to see what’s on sale. Most of the deals will be Prime Day Exclusives, which will be available to shoppers while supplies last. “Deals of the Day” will only available for 24-hours, and then there will be Lightening Deals, which like lightning, come and go very quickly.
- Ask Alexa: if you have any of Amazon’s devices, like the Echo Dot or Echo Show, ask Alexa what the deals are. Once you’ve ordered, you can also track your packages using Alexa. In previous years, Amazon offered exclusive deals on some orders placed with Alexa, so be on the lookout for those again.
- See What’s New: To commemorate Prime Day, Amazon will be introducing a whole host of new launches. Click here to see what’s new.
- Shop Like a Celeb: Amazon is partnering with celebs, like Kristen Bell, Kobe Bryant, Will and Jaden Smith and Mark Wahlberg, to intro new products or special deals on popular products just for Prime Day.
- Set Alerts: Several retailers, including Target and eBay, will be offering competitive deals on Prime Day. To ensure you get the lowest price, set deal alerts for specific items on Slickdeals. You’ll receive a notification when those items go on sale on Amazon or elsewhere. Also bookmark the Slickdeals Prime Day page for all the best deals in one place.
- Look before you leap: Once you put some items into your cart, don’t check out before using a price comparison tool like Invisible Hand to compare prices elsewhere. You can also Google the name of the item. Just because something is on sale on Prime Day, doesn’t mean you’ve found the best price.
Click here for a slew of Prime Day deals!
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. In addition to a handful of affiliate networks, TrueTrae.com/TraeBodge.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.