From cleaning and organizing your home to getting rid of unwanted items, spring is the perfect time of the year to start fresh!
Let these spring cleaning ideas give you major inspiration to get your life in order:
Spring Clean Your Home:
You know your home needs a deep clean, but rather than using your own elbow grease, I recommend a mechanized scrubber, like the Housemile Electric Spin Scrubber ($40). This portable, waterproof gadget will tackle those hard-to-clean areas, like your kitchen backsplash, bathroom tub & tiles, carpet stains, barbecue grill, outdoor furniture…even your car. Everything will sparkle and you’ll barely break a sweat.
Related: Your Ultimate Budget-Friendly Spring Cleaning Shopping List
Spring Clean Your Closet:
It’s time to find a place for everything. For those items that don’t have homes, I like the clever storage solutions from Honey-Can-Do. They create endless options for the space-challenged, providing ways to keep toys, cabinets and even your basement organized.
Spring Clean Your Desk:
Those of you with a ton of devices know that they can end up all over the house slowly running out of juice. The Satechi 7-Port USB Charging Station Dock ($50) is a docking station for all your small devices, from tablets to wireless headphones, charging up to seven at a time. You’ll always know where they are and they’ll be charged and ready to go.
If your photo albums and videos from weddings, vacations and births are languishing in boxes and on bookshelves, clear out the clutter and bring them into the digital age with Legacy Republic (prices vary – example pricing starts at $34.99 per photo album). Send in what you have and receive digital ebooks or Data DVD’s you can share with everyone.
Spring Clean Your Stuff
As you clean, you’ll likely find lots of things you no longer use or need. Why not sell those things and earn yourself some extra cash? Here are some of my favorite platforms for selling your unwanted items:
Where to Sell Your Jewelry: Worthy
Where to Sell Your Tech: Decluttr
Where to Sell Your Clothing: ThredUp
Where to Sell Everything All in One Place: eBay
General Spring Cleaning Tips:
- If you’re storing away sweaters, be sure to put some cedar balls or lavender sachets in with them. They’ll prevent moths and make your clothes smell great.
- From now until tax time, commit 15 minutes each weekend to getting your financial papers in order to avoid a tax time crunch.
- Have a big project to tackle like a messy basement? Tackle it in increments, like 15-20 minutes at a time. It won’t feel so insurmountable.
- If you have allergies, make it a priority to clean your vacuum filters. And be sure to use mattress covers to keep dust mites at bay!
Related Post: 10 of the Best Places to Buy Home Decor Online
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. TrueTrae.com/TraeBodge.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This in no way affects our editorial decisions, it just helps us to keep providing you with content like this. We appreciate your support!
- How to Save Money on Groceries
- 3 Tips for An Energy Efficient Home This Summer
- How to Save Money on In-Person Events
- 5 Easy Ways to Live Greener Every Day
- How to Save Money on Home Appliances
- How to Save Money at Home Depot and Lowe’s
- How to Save Money on Groceries
- How to Save Money at Wayfair
- 12 Ways to Save Money on Your Summer Garden
- 16 Best Chairs Under $250
- 10 of the Best Places to Buy Home Decor Online
- Basement Renovations Basics for Beginners