For GiftCardGranny.com, I share some of my favorite Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping strategies with Becky Quick on CNBC’s On the Money.
Don’t expect to do all of your holiday shopping during these two busy shopping days. Instead, focus on the categories that are the most deeply discounted on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and plan to do the rest of your shopping in the coming weeks.
- Buy: Fall clothing, small devices, like headphones and cameras, small appliances, like food processors, slow cookers and espresso machines, and TV’s and electronics.
- Wait: Wait for December for Holiday décor and winter apparel, wait for January for linens, large furniture and items in the fitness and wellness categories, and wait for February for jewelry.
4 Ways to Save
- For all the best deals in one place, I would recommend Slickdeals.net and their app – they have dedicated Black Friday and Cyber Monday pages with all the best deals, which are voted on and vetted by a community of 10 million users.
- Discounted Gift Cards: You can often sweeten a sale by shopping with a discounted gift card. Visit Gift Card Granny.com or their app to look for a discounted gift card for any retailer, which can save you between 2-30% on average by shopping with it.
- Cash Back: By using a browser extension, like the Swagbutton from Swagbucks.com, you’ll be alerted to cash back offers as you shop. Click on an offer and shop like you normally would to earn points that can be converted into gift cards or cash. Swagbucks has a $10 new sign up bonus
- So you don’t have to worry about missing out on a better price, try signing up for Earny, a service that seeks out refunds for items you’ve purchased in the event of a price drop. They take a small cut for their efforts, but they do all the work, so you can shop today and Earny will get you money back when items go on sale.
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. In addition to a handful of affiliate networks, TrueTrae.com/TraeBodge.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.