Beauty Secrets: Samantha Ettus
This week’s muse is Samantha Ettus. Sam is a work/life expert whose goal is to find the spark within each one of us and turn it into a fire. She is a best-selling author of four books, a contributor to Forbes, a sought after keynote speaker, a Harvard MBA and host of a nationally syndicated call-in radio show. Sam’s latest book, The Pie Life: A Guilt-Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction, was recently released to great fanfare. Sam and I met in the green room of the syndicated lifestyle show, Security Brief TV and have since become friends. I checked in with Sam to learn about her beauty routine.
Here are Sam’s beauty secrets:
- “I am obsessed with water, and I never leave home without water in my bag and can’t go to sleep without water by my side. I think of it as the solution to every problem. My kids make fun of me because if they complain of a headache, a tummy ache or any ache at all, I give them water.
- My mom wore almost no makeup with the exception of lipstick. That’s probably why I think of myself as a late bloomer when it comes to makeup.I have a few beauty staples I rely on:
- Caudalie Divine Oil – It is inexpensive and makes your legs look like a million bucks.
- Make Up Forever Brow Seal – This is a little magic brush in a tube that sets you up for eyebrow success all day long. If you have none handy, hair spray works just as well.
- Laura Geller’s Baked Gellato in Gilded Honey – makes you look sun-kissed
- Chantecaille Vital Essence – I put this on before my moisturizer every morning. It is refreshing and is a big friend to puffy eyes.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment – I wash my face with water only (don’t tell!) and when I can remember to do it, I dab on this treatment and leave it on as I sleep.
- And on the fashion front, my Esteam Handheld Steamer goes everywhere with me even just for an overnight. I always leave room in my suitcase for it. Buy one and you will never have to iron again. Promise!”