Beauty Secrets: Meghan Ely
Here are Meghan’s beauty secrets:
2. I’ve been at war with my greys since I was 14 (yes, you read that correctly!). These days, a standing every-eight-week appointment with root maintenance (hello Clairol!) in between just won’t cut it. I’m officially 100% grey in the front but with my travel schedule, I simply don’t have a single minute more to dedicate to the cause. Thankfully, my stylist friend introduced me to the Bumble and Bumble Bb Color Stick in black. It’s essentially a crayon for my greys and I love it – just the perfect touch up in between salon visits.
3. I never understood the power of a fantastic lipstick until I found one last summer while attending a conference in Palm Beach. Heading to an event that was going to be filled to the brim with the best of the best in the wedding industry, I needed a confidence boost. At Sephora, they found me the perfect shade Le Marc Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Lip Crème Lipstick by Marc Jacobs Beauty. At $30, it’s a bit of a splurge, but I can put it on any day of the week and feel great.
4. Fun fact: I was recently fired from my gym! I attended a local boot camp but wouldn’t sign a new photo release allowing my 6:45am workouts to be filmed and promoted on social media. As a result, my contract was dissolved. The silver lining is that I un-learned what I thought was good for me (reading magazines while standing on an elliptical for 45 minutes). Embracing what really worked – weights and cross training – I now bring core sliders and resistance bands with me while I travel. I’ve never felt better about my fitness.
5. When I’m traveling, I aim to limit the number of decisions I have to make. I took a page out of Mark Zuckerberg’s book and found one dress that travels well and looks good in photographs (important when you’re speaking!). The ModCloth’s Dance Floor Date A-Line Dress. It’s great in warm weather and you can pair it with boots and cardigan in colder temperatures. After an exhaustive search, I found every single pattern and color they ever created and haven’t looked back. Bonus – they don’t even need to be ironed after a flight across the country.
- Beauty Secrets: Jill Lotenberg
- Beauty Secrets – Andrea Panico
- Beauty Secrets: Mandi Woodruff
- Beauty Secrets: Bobbi Rebell
- Beauty Secrets: Kylie Carlson
- Beauty Secrets: Alison Morris
- Beauty Secrets: Gina Way
- Beauty Secrets – Jody Rohlena
- Beauty Secrets – Nadia Murdock
- Beauty Secrets – Jami Morse Heidegger
- Beauty Secrets – Laura Geller
- Beauty Secrets – Carmindy