This week’s muse is beauty guru, Lianne Farbes. Lianne has been in the beauty biz for almost three decades (although, you would never know it by looking at her!). She is a beauty writer, professional makeup artist, brand consultant and founder of Over45Beauty, a beauty and lifestyle “blogazine” dedicated to an often overlooked demographic – women over the age of 45.
Here are Lianne’s beauty secrets:
- “I don’t get to relax all that often, as I get older I have to force myself to make time for me, so once a week I like to soak in a bath with Dr. Teal’s Lavender bath salts. They are inexpensive, soothe tired muscles/feet and if you get a little in your hair you can get that beachy vibe going. Locking the door and taking a bath makes it like my own little sanctuary. I light candles, close my eyes and escape. The ritual of the bath makes me feel rested, beautiful and pampered, plus it’s something I can do for myself at home without going to a pricey spa.
My Nana used to give me hot oil treatments with olive oil when I was little. I do this every other month and a little more often in the winter when my scalp tends to get dry.
2. I love using hair masks – I do that once a week. My recent favorite is Carol’s Daughter Mirabelle Plum Biotin Mask. It’s formulated for weak/fine hair but is also good if your hair is thinning or breaks easily. It smells divine, leave my hair silky soft, and bonus, it has biotin which is great for the strength and growth.
3. As I have gotten older, I look for concealers that are creamy and hydrating. My under eye area has gotten drier over the years so I need something that is moisturizing but will give me a “pop”. Recently, I have been using Estee Lauder DoubleWear Brush on BB. It has a little highlighter in it too so my under eye area looks more awake.
4. I like to use fragrance in my home and on my body as a way to lift my mood and transform my situation. I have a wooden Amber Ball from L’Artisan Perfumer that I picked up in Paris a few years back that is just amazing. I keep on my nightstand in the bedroom and it is a beautiful piece but the scent is very subtle.
5. My daily fragrance – I have so many favorites, but the one that makes me happy 100% of the time is Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford. it just smells like the Italian Riviera…very transformative.”
Yahooo!! Thank you Trae!!! ❤️❤️