This week’s muse is entrepreneur, Julie Cole. Julie is the co-founder of Mabel’s Labels, the awesome, award-winning Canadian company that makes labels for kids’ stuff, from clothes to lunch boxes. Among a gazillion other things, Julie is the company spokeswoman, having appeared on NBC’s The Today Show, Canada AM, Breakfast Television, The Marilyn Denis Show, Fox 5 San Diego, WGN’s Midday and more. She is a syndicated blogger for many sites, including The Huffington Post and modernmom.com. She is also the mom of SIX kids, FYI.
I have been a fan and customer of Mabel’s Labels for years, so it was fun to meet her last year when we were both doing segments on the Home & Family Show on the Hallmark Channel!
Here are Julie’s beauty secrets:
- “A Personal Trainer: When I turned 40, it was as if my metabolism decided to go on holiday.I kept saying I would start exercising, but with six kids and running Mabel’s Labels, I always came up with an excuse. Finally, I called my own bluff and decided I needed some help. I hired a personal trainer. It was a big investment, but I figured if I don’t invest in myself, I won’t be much use to my kids and business. I now feel fantastic, generally make better choices and it sure feels great to fit into my jeans again.
- Cold Laser Therapy: I won’t do anything too invasive when it comes to skincare (no botox, etc.) so to keep my skin feeling youthful, I get cold laser therapy. It feels amazing and I often get comments about looking young, so I think it’s doing the job.
- My “can’t do without” cosmetics:
- Lips: I love the Beauty Counter Lip Sheer in Petal and Coral. These natural glosses are perfect for a mom who wants to look polished, but not too done up. They feel great on the lips and brighten up the face of even the most exhausted mom!
- Face: I love how the Mineral Bronze ‘n Blush by Mommy Make Up is a two in one product. Busy moms have purses and diaper bags full of kid stuff. This small compact takes care of bronzing and blushing!
- Daniel Thompson has created an amazing company. The Daniel Thompson Pigment Palette takes me from day-to-night lickety split.
- Beauty Secrets: Jill Lotenberg
- Beauty Secrets – Andrea Panico
- Beauty Secrets – Amy Galper
- Beauty Secrets: Cara Di Falco
- Beauty Secrets: Alison Morris
- Beauty Secrets: Tammie Umbel
- Beauty Secrets – Rebecca Restrepo
- Beauty Secrets – Marilyn Iacoviello
- Beauty Secrets – Lisa Goldfaden
- Beauty Secrets – Victoria Vandagriff
- Beauty Secrets – Laura Geller
- Beauty Secrets – Didi Gluck