This week’s muse is PR pro and entrepreneur, Jaime Maser. Jaime has over 16 years of PR experience representing the top beauty and lifestyle brands in the world, including Shiseido, Rita Hazan Salon, La Prairie and Bluemercury. Her experience shows when you work with her! In 2014, she launched her namesake PR company, Maser Communications, and just this summer (in addition to having a baby, as if she weren’t busy enough) she introduced Media Intel, a subscription-based e-blast that tracks industry news and media moves. Click here to sign up. After 14 years in NYC, Jaime and her family (husband Howie and son Bodie) recently crossed the Hudson to settle into new digs in Jersey City…I love that she’s a fellow Jersey transplant!
Here are Jaime’s beauty secrets:
- “As a former ‘tanorexic,” I learned the error of my ways over a decade ago thanks to a horrific bout of melasma. I have since been the SPF Gestapo! My motto: SPF 365 days a year = non-negotiable. My faves: BeautyRx by Dr. Schultz Solar Defense Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50 (an amazing product from Dr. Neal Schultz, the beloved NYC dermatologist I represent) and Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+. Both are SUPER light (read: you can barely feel them on skin) but pack a serious punch when it comes to fighting the rays. My other must-have SPF, especially for on-the-go: Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection Brush-On Shield SPF 50. Portable SPF powder that brushes on for easy touch-ups? #winning
Healthy body, healthy mind, so the expense is well worth it to me.
2. A daily sweat session or workout is NOT an option; it’s a must. I swear by personal training sessions with Rob Sulaver of Bandana Training (my long-time trainer and now client), plus classes at SLT, FlyBarre, SoulCycle
3. It’s never too early to start with eye cream. This gem was imparted to me during my years with La Prairie, and it is oh-so-true. The skin around the eyes is extremely thin and delicate and will show signs of aging first (along with your neck / décolleté / tops of hands) so it needs some extra TLC. Invest in an eye cream you love, use it religiously and be grateful when people think you’re 10 years younger than you are. My personal favorites: La Prairie White Caviar Eye Cream, Farmacy Eye Dew (a Maser Comm. client with incredible farm-to-face skincare) and M-61 Hydraboost Eye.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of a professional blowout. It instantly lifts your spirits and helps you look put together and polished (especially clutch when you’re a new mom and in need of a pick-me-up). Most recently, I’ve been frequenting Shampoo in Jersey City, and when in NYC, I always book appointments at Rita Hazan Salon (Mylo, Cristina B and Jenny are AMAZING) or at drybar.
- Beauty Secrets: Jill Lotenberg
- Beauty Secrets – Andrea Panico
- Beauty Secrets – Amy Galper
- Beauty Secrets: Cara Di Falco
- Beauty Secrets: Nicole Darmanin
- Beauty Secrets: Samantha Ettus
- Beauty Secrets: Tammie Umbel
- Beauty Secrets – Lisa Goldfaden
- Beauty Secrets – Didi Gluck
- Beauty Secrets – Jessica Abo
- Beauty Secrets – Anna De Souza
- Beauty Secrets – Celeste Hilling