So, what is “Beauty Secrets”? Beauty Secrets is where you can learn about the beauty-full inner workings of women who are moving and shaking in their world, whether it be beauty, personal finance or some territory in between.
Today’s muse is Grace Gold. I first met Grace many years ago when she was a beauty editor. She is now a beauty and wellness journalist who reports on-air, in print and online. She contributes to the TODAY show, New York Live and countless local stations across the country, magazines including Marie Claire, BRIDES and People StyleWatch, and digital giants Yahoo, SELF and WomensHealthMag. Her mission is to deliver accessible and empowering tips that help viewers and readers feel and look their best.
Here are Grace’s beauty secrets:
- My biggest beauty secret is wearing peachy pencil on the bottom inner rim – it instantly makes me look well-rested and luminous and you can’t “see” the trick at all! My favorite is Three Custom Color Specialists’ Light Clarifier Eye Pencil – ohhh, heyyy Trae!! (This is a product I helped develop! – Trae)
- When I want my skin to glow its most radiant, I drink two cups of plain organic green tea a dayWhen I want my skin to glow its most radiant, I drink two cups of plain organic green tea a day. My favorite blends are by David’s Tea, which are refreshing yet soothing.
- I have fine hair without much natural volume. When I sleep at night, I twist my hair up into a bun on the top of my hair and sleep on it. In the morning, the layers release to uplifting flip and I have more volume at the roots that garner compliments. If it’s a day I’m skipping washing my hair, I’ll spray Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo on the roots before bed for even more lift by morning.
- I keep my cuticles hydrated and prevent hangnails by massaging extra olive oil or coconut oil I may be cooking with in the kitchen into my nail beds.
- My two bare-minimum essentials before leaving the house are Cle de Peau Concealer underneath my eyes (it lasts for a couple of years and covers EVERYTHING, so the $70 is actually worth it) and NYX Micro Brow Pencil because it’s the only brand I’ve found that makes the black brow shade I need! Just these two products make me look like a different person, yet it doesn’t look like I’ve even put makeup on.
Please note that Amazon purchases made from this page are monetized via an Associates account. This in no way affects our editorial decisions.