Beauty Secrets: Andrea Panico
This week’s muse is Andrea Panico, a jewelry designer, entrepreneur, teacher, and mother living in Montclair, NJ. At Pico Design, the company she founded in 2008, Panico creates minimalist jewelry inspired by her love of architecture and her background in industrial design. Pico has had licenses with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation as well as the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and just launched a gorgeous collection for the Metropolitan Museum of Art. You will often find me wearing one (or more) of her stunning pieces. I reached out to Andrea to learn about her beauty secrets.
Most days, I keep it simple, but the right pair of earrings can really make a difference in my attitude and take a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt to another level.
Here are Andrea’s beauty secrets:
- “I was a tomboy growing up, and never wore makeup so I never went through a phase of putting cheap products on my skin. As I got older, I found simple over the counter beauty products worked for me. Specifically Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream with SPF 15. I use this every morning to moisturize and protect. CeraVe face washes and their Skin Renewing Night Cream with hyaluronic acid are also favorites.
- About once every 3-4 weeks I use ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment by Kate Somerville. It’s made with fruit enzymes and it makes me feel like I just had a facial after only two minutes!
- Last year I finally took the plunge and started electrolysis on my face. With my short hair, I was always aware of extra hair around my sideburns. I go every few weeks, but after a year, it has made a huge difference, lightening up my entire complexion.
- I don’t really wear makeup, but I keep a stick of NARS The Multiple in Luxor in my medicine cabinet. The sheer coverage stick is easy to apply and can be used on my cheeks, eyes or lips! It’s just a hint of shimmer that reflects the light and gives me a little glow on days I’m feeling slow. And the fact that it’s foolproof works great for someone with no time for a beauty routine!
- Being a jewelry designer, I have access to a ton of great pieces. I like clean lines, like Pico’s Box Earrings, that elongate me and complement my skin tone without being overbearing or heavy.
- To maintain a healthy body and healthy mind, try to run or walk three to four times a week, and I run with my nine-year old daughter and practice soccer with her. I also meditates every night before bedtime, making sure I get at minimum five to ten minutes a day where I take time to breathe, relax and review my day.”